We are looking for a Senior Java Developer with AWS experience to help in developing awesome air quality information services. You will be part of a talented team of software engineers, data analysts and AI scientists who work on improving the way of spreading awareness of air pollution. You will be joining a dynamically working environment where creative solutions are encouraged.
- Build and maintain web-based customer facing applications, APIs and IoT-facing solutions.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle: requirements, technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, debugging and monitoring.
- Write documented, well-designed code that makes a scalable, efficient and highly available application.
- Communicate with team members and non-technical staff about requirements and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Java/Kotlin and Spring Framework,
- Good understanding of web applications building blocks (HTTP, REST API, JWT, CDN, etc.),
- Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Good understanding and ability to design and implement distributed systems
- Experience with various communication protocols (APIs, Queues, Streams)
- Working experience with Linux / Unix commands to perform basic operations,
- Adequate knowledge of code versioning tools (Git, GitHub),
- Good understanding of written and spoken English.
To your advantage, if you are experienced with:
- Timeseries specialized databases (InfluxDB, Timescale)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS or other cloud providers,
What do we offer?
- Participation in prestigious projects that have a significant impact on improving people’s lives all over the World😊
- Working with cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Joining a team of passionate, driven and talented people
- Opportunity to professional growth and personal development in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement own ideas and solutions with great freedom of actions
- Flexible employment conditions (type of contract, flexible working hours, time off in lieu, etc.)
- A choice to work 100% remotely or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków
- Informal organizational culture and friendly atmosphere
- Private Medicover medical care for employee
- Competitive salary, adequate to skills and experience
- 24 days of paid time off per year for B2B contract to support your work-life balance