The team and the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Airly, you will play a significant role in the development and maintenance of our software products.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team consisting of front- and back-end developers, a senior designer, working in Scrum methodology with the product owner, and maintaining close contact with the rest of our small team and external stakeholders.
- The current goal of our team is to develop, in an iterative mode and constant contact with clients, a completely new solution: a productivity-enhancing software tool for air quality consultants. Simultaneously, part of your duties will involve ensuring that our current product performs well and utilizes up-to-date technologies without increasing its technical debt. This includes the Airly Data Platform, used by around a thousand of our clients.
- You’ll have the freedom to use the newest tools and technologies, have the autonomy to implement your own ideas and solutions, ensuring that what you develop can be shipped to the production environment the next day, eliminating idle time and the need to wait for assigned tasks. You will also actively participate in designing changing architecture for future scaling, minimizing running costs, and rethinking support needs by deploying appropriate tools.
- The aim is to provide the ability to analyze large time series of data and a web map, showing live results of air pollution around the world in more than 10 thousand locations, attracting hundreds of thousands of monthly active users.
Sounds like a challenge for YOU? Keep reading on! 🙂
What else this role entails:
- Design and develop a new customer-facing tool using Java and TypeScript, with a specific focus on performance and scalability.
- Write well-documented and well-designed code, ensuring the development of a scalable, efficient, and highly available application.
- Take responsibility for all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, debugging, and monitoring.
- Maintain and enhance the performance of existing tool (ADP) which is built using microservices and k8s.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies for project implementation.
- Contribute to the architectural design of software systems.
- Utilize tools such as Jira and GitHub in your work.
First, check if you have:
- min. 4 years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in Java and TypeScript.
- Strong knowledge in topics: modern client- and server-side-rendered React web applications, SQL databases (PostgreSQL with PostGIS), cloud-based infrastructure (especially AWS and k8s),
- Good understanding of web applications building blocks (HTTP, REST API, JWT, CDN, etc.)
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, etc.).
- Proven experience in software architecture and design.
- English at a least B2 level (team backlog and communication with stakeholders is in English, communication inside the team is in Polish).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Experience in mentoring less senior developers.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Experience with direct contact with clients.
Any nice-to-haves? Sure! 🙂
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Next.js.
- Knowledge of maplibre/leaflet and GIS systems.
- time-series data & DBs (Influx/Timescale).
- web/API scraping.
Salary, perks & benefits – what’s in t for YOU:
- Salary: PLN 23000 – 29000 + VAT (B2B) + 24 paid days off.
- Choose your tools – we will provide you with what you need to work efficiently,
- Private medical care – we’ve got your health covered,
- Work-life balance is not a buzzword- we value work-life harmony for greater job satisfaction, so remote work, flexible working hours and workation are here for you,
- English lessons with Chris, our Native Speaker, if you need to boost your fluency,
- Self-development – we’re a Startup, you will learn a great deal growing with us,
- Modern, dog friendly office space in central Kraków,
- Various internal initiatives: knowledge sharing sessions and get-togethers.
Here’s what you can expect from the recruitment process:
- You will receive an email from our recruitment team with the information if your experience matches our requirements.
- If everything goes right, we will meet at online interviews – we plan 3 meetings in this process! 🙂
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will be building and operating the data infrastructure the world needs to halt a public health crisis. This is not a CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still a start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: Public awareness of air quality and monitoring solutions is growing, and you’ll play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
A bit about Airly
Air pollution kills 7 million people each year and has been closely linked with exaccerbating everything from respiratory diseases, to dementia and infertility. Air pollution causes 12% of deaths globally and lost productivity equivalent to 4% of global GDP.
Airly has developed a proprietary air quality monitoring solutions so governments and businesses can diagnose air quality issues, identify actions to improve, and verify their progress.
We need to massively accelerate the deployment of hyper-local monitoring to protect public health, inform our actions and hold authorities to account.
Airly was founded by Wiktor (CEO), Aleksander and Misiek, three physics graduates and friends from Krakow University in Poland.
Our COO is Jonathan Gartside, one of the founding leadership team at Bulb.
Airly’s team is made up of 20+ people, with the majority in the functions of product and technology (developing our proprietary integrated hardware-software solution) and growth (covering direct sales, partner-led sales, and public policy).
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Airly is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.